Kimberly Gilmour is an employment attorney and mediator with her office located in Davie, Florida specializing in labor law and employment legal issues. She represents all size companies and corporations as well as individuals to provide counsel tailored to meet each client’s specific needs.
Ms. Gilmour provides counsel in areas such as wage and hour issues, exempt versus nonexempt employees, the process of conducting internal investigations/audits and discrimination. Her extensive litigation experience includes cases alleging age, sex, race and disability discrimination, as well as handling numerous administrative matters before Federal and State agencies.
She is listed as a Super Lawyer, and received the the Lynn Futch Professionalism Award from the Broward County Bar Association.
She handles real estate and contract disputes and has an extensive background in drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements.
A graduate of the College of New Rochelle with a Bachelor’s of History and Political Science, she received her Juris Doctor degree in 1984 from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law. Ms. Gilmour was admitted to The Florida Bar in 1985 and to the Federal District Court Trial Bar in 1994. Kimberly joined the law firm of Tripp Scott in 1985, becoming the first female partner in 1992. In 2000 she decided to pursue her career goals and open a private practice where she has worked ever since.
Kimberly Gilmour has lived in South Florida for over 30 years and believes in giving back to the community she loves. She frequently attends charity events and volunteers in the community, having a strong passion for philanthropy. She is a past president of the Healthy Mothers-Healthy Babies Coalition of Broward County, Inc. and was honored with the Lefkow Legacy Award for her extensive service in 2017. In 2000 Kimberly was honored as one of American Cancer Society’s Women of the Year.
- Board of Directors, Broward County Bar Association
- Board Member of the Federal Bar Association, Broward Chapter
- Serves on the United States District Court, Southern District Mediation Committee, 2007-Present
- Serves on the Ad Hoc Committee on Attorney Admissions, Peer Review and Attorney Grievance for the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Past-President of the Federal Bar Association, Broward Chapter
- Past Chair of the Equal Opportunities in the Profession Section of the Florida Bar
- Past-President of the Broward County Women Lawyers Association
- Past Chair of the Employment and Labor Law Committee, Broward County Bar Association
- Past Director of the Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
- NAWBO “VISTA AWARD”